Re: RDF/XML Syntax Revised WD for review

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:16:32 +0100
To: dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Hi Dave,

> I attach a copy of the syntax document for your consideration
> for publication as a working draft.  I think the following people
> were actioned to review it (no minutes as of this date recording it)
>
>   Jeremy Carroll
>   Jos De Roo
>   Patrick Stickler
>
> but others, feel free :)
>
> The attached files corresponds to CVS version 1.333 of
>   http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/
>
> (CVS http://cvs.ilrt.org/cvsweb/redland/rdfcore/syntax/index.html )
>
> plus the attached relaxng which are for information, not part of
> the document, but are intended to be published with the working draft.
>
> I think I need to carry on trying to improve the very new section 2
> but it could be published as is.

in "3 Data Model" last line
... part of the node ro computed from the string-value of contained nodes.
                     ^^or

in "3.6 Identifier Node" 2nd sentence
... These nodes are created by giving two values for the for the ...
                                                         ^^^^^^^

in "5.9 Production resourcePropertyElt" the N-Triples statement
... e.parent.subject.string-value <e.URI> n.subject.string-value; .
                                                                ^

I would propose to drop reification!
so proposal to drop its sentences in 5.5, 5.9, 5.10, 5.11, 5.12 and 5.14
as well as "5.26 Reification Rules"

PS my review is in no sense complete (I lost half of this day
   with a serious panic situation in my family today, but it
   was a false alarm, and everything is alright now, luckily)