SYNTAX: http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-empty-property-elements

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:42:54 +0000
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
I found these corner cases when updating the RDF/XML Syntax doc.
I've written them as test cases so we can precisely write down the
answer but the basic questions are (on an empty propertyElt):

  Is rdf:bagID allowed in these cases?
  If so, does rdf:bagID do anything when the bag is empty

At present, I've written it so that it is allowed and always
generates the N3
  <whatever> rdf:type rdf:Bag .
aka N-Triples:
  <whatever> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Bag> .

Dave

<!--
  Copyright World Wide Web Consortium, (Massachusetts Institute of
  Technology, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en
  Automatique, Keio University).

  All Rights Reserved.

  Please see the full Copyright clause at
  <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software.html>

  $Id$
-->

  xmlns:a="http://example.org/#">

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/blah">
    <a:someProperty rdf:bagID="baz"/>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

<!--
  Copyright World Wide Web Consortium, (Massachusetts Institute of
  Technology, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en
  Automatique, Keio University).

  All Rights Reserved.

  Please see the full Copyright clause at
  <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software.html>

  $Id$
-->

  xmlns:a="http://example.org/#">

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/blah">
    <a:someProperty rdf:ID="foo" rdf:bagID="baz"/>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

<!--
  Copyright World Wide Web Consortium, (Massachusetts Institute of
  Technology, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en
  Automatique, Keio University).

  All Rights Reserved.

  Please see the full Copyright clause at
  <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software.html>