Re: Resolution for rdfms-fragments

Aaron Swartz wrote:

> Here is a simple resolution to the rdfms-fragments issue. Define that as
> URI-refs are turned back into full URIs (thru the base URI), if a '#' exists
> it is encoded as %23.

and if %23 already occurs in the URI reference, then what?

Why in the world would you want to do anything like that, anyway?
I don't understand what you're trying to achieve.

I re-read the entry in the issues list
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-fragments
It seems to say that folks are confused; that doesn't
necessarily mean the spec is broken. ;-)

The model theory (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/)
gives a perfectly good semantics
for all relative URI references. It treats them all the same,
whether they have #'s in them or not.
It depends in no way on the MIME spec, the HTTP spec, etc.

RDF doesn't give a flip what these identifiers denote;
it just tells you that whatever they denote, you
can always deduce A from (and A B) and you
can deduce (exists (?x) (P ?x)) from (P a).
[RDFS gives you a few more such rules].

Can you point out which part of whatever spec bugs you?
Or give a use case that you think is insufficiently
specified? (i.e. not a foo/bar/baz example)
Or some piece of code that's acting funny,
or difficult to write or interoperate with?