rdfms-aboutEach was: RE: Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2001-12-07

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:11:04 -0000
To: <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
*** sounds of back-pedalling ***

> 16: Issue rdfms-aboutEach
> It has been suggested:
>   o  the WG resolves to remove rdf:aboutEach from the language on
> the grounds
> Alternatively, it has been suggested that we are straying beyond
> the borders of our charter in removing it, and it can be useful.
> Propose, on the grounds that it does not seem to be harmful
> that it should be retained.

Given that I am alluded by the suggesting, I note that the charter's
function has been further clarified to me (not in e-mail).

I would be happy to go either way on this; and will concur with the
I think Dave made a good case for dropping it; but not bullet-proof. Graham
later observed:

Which makes me think that the criteria for dropping bad features should
probably be less stringent than the criteria for adding "cool"

which is a good point.