Re: Reifying using XML attributes only

>>>Art Barstow said:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 01:14:26PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> >
> > I suggest the expected results are:
> >
> > _:id1 <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
> > "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Statement" .
> > _:id1 <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#subject>
> > "http://example.com/resource" .
> > _:id1 <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#predicate>
> > "http://example.com/predicate" .
> > _:id1 <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#object> "literal" .
>
> Since Dave and DanC seem to be in agreement wrt the resulting
> N-Triples, is anyone aware of implementations that differ
> from this interpretation?  [FWIW, this output matches the
> ARP and SiRPAC parsers.]

No, Dan changed rdf:type to take a literal value which is a change
beyond what we can justify as a cleanup just because it makes the
grammar slightly neater, IMHO.

The first triple in my original N-Triple output was
  _:id1 <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Statement> .

The original grammar is pretty clear on this point, it intended
rdf:type to take a URI-reference.  rdf:type may also match propAttr
but the rdf:type property has a privileged position in the syntax
such as its generation from typedNode and this is another place.

  [6.10] propAttr ::= typeAttr
                      | propName '="' string '"' (with embedded quotes escaped)

  [6.11] typeAttr ::= ' type="' URI-reference '"'

  [6.14] propName ::= Qname
  [6.19] Qname ::= [ NSprefix ':' ] name

  -- http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-rdf-syntax-19990222/#propAttr
     onwards

(plus modifying type to be rdf:type as we have already decided)

Dave