Re: ACTION 2001-08-24#9 : issues with containers

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:28:57 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Dan Connolly wrote:

> I believe so too, but the compatibility issues look hairy.
>
> > 2. It isn't clear whether containers (particularly sequences) can
> > have 'gaps' or not.
>
> We decided (1) the spec is indeed unlear here, to
> the point of erroneous; (2) they can have gaps;
> hmm... at least: I thought we did;
> I don't see it in the issues list... and I've reviewed
> the meeting records back to May.
>
> Where the heck did it go?

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#attention-developers

On 8th June 2001 the WG decided that an RDF model may contain partial
descriptions of
a container. Thus an RDF model is not contrained to have the containermembership
properties contiguous starting from rdf:_1. Changes to the Model and Syntax
specification have been proposed.

with a reference to:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jul/0039.html

>Chairs? help? Am I hallucinating?

I'm sorry, I do not have that information :)