Re: RDF/XML Syntax Working Draft - Internal Draft V1.16

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:50:45 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
CC: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
>>>Jeremy Carroll said:
>
> At the teleconference, I got the impression that Dave was after feedback, so
> here's some more :-).
>
> I do not believe that we have discussed the following issues (although I
> have mentioned some privately to Dave). As such, it is appropriate that they
> are not in the current WD; but I would hope they would be addressed before
> the next WD.

As such, I'll not respond to all of these now while I concentrate on
getting out something to review.

However:

> 3: "(can be empty)"
> ==================
> This phrase occurs a couple of times and should be emphasised in the
> supporting text, since XML does not allow this, i.e. the XML Infoset of the
> document is missing the supposed text string rather than having an empty
> text string as suggested by the grammar. Again, elegance and clarity of
> exposition in my mind takes priority over having an exact correspondence
> between the Infoset and the grammar.

This was easy to fix by replacing the single place that it is used
with the two alternatives - no element content and literal element content

Done as of
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/
version 1.21

Dave