W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > August 2001

Re: Draft Minutes of the 2001-08-17 Telecon

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:40:35 +0100
Message-ID: <3B8604F3.E9EC3FEC@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
The actions 2001-08-17#3 and 2001-08-17#4 should be assigned to Brian McBride.

Brian


Brian McBride wrote:
> 
> RDFCore WG 2001-08-17 Teleconference Minutes
> 
> Transcript:
> 
>  http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2001-08-17.html
> 
> Agenda:
> 
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0071.html
> 
> -----
> 
> Roll call:
> 
>   Participants:
>   - Art Barstow
>   - Dave Beckett
>   - Dan Connolly
>   - Ron Daniel (part time)
>   - Pat Hayes
>   - Martyn Horner
>   - Brian McBride (chair)
>   - Eric Miller  (part meeting)
>   - Stephen Petschulat (scribe)
>   - Pierre G. Richard (part meeting)
>   - Jos De Roo
>   - Aaron Swartz
> 
>   Regrets:
>   - Dan Brickley
>   - Mike Dean
>   - Jan Grant
>   - Graham Klyne
>   - Frank Manola
> 
>   Absent:
>   - Frank Boumphrey
>   - Bill dehOra
>   - Rael Dornfest
>   - Guha
>   - KWON, Hyung-Jin
>   - Michael Kopchenov
>   - Yoshiyuki Kitahara
>   - Ora Lassila
>   - Sergey Melnik
>   - Satoshi Nakamura
> -----
> 
> REVIEW MINUTES OF MEETING on 27th July 2001
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0065.html
> 
> These minutes were approved.
> 
> REVIEW MINUTES OF FACE TO FACE MEETING 1-2 AUG 2001
> 
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/
> 
> dated: dated $Id: Overview.html,v 1.29 2001/07/27 16:00:21 bmcbride Exp $
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#1 Brian Update to show Mike Dean present for part of
>        meeting.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#2 Brian Remove decision
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/2001-08-02.html#T21-09-50
> 
> as no decision was formally made.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#3 Gather copies of presentations and other materials for
> the record and add to the web site.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#4 Jos reported broken links in the minutes.  Art
> noted the link checker at:
> 
>   http://validator.w3.org/checklink
> 
> The record will be updated and reviewed again at the next teleconference.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#5 Eric Miller Write a newletter summary of the face to
> face for ciculation to the W3C members.
> 
> CONFIRM FOLLOWING ACTIONS COMPLETED (2 min)
> 
> The following actions were confirmed completed:
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-20#6 - DanBri - send a note to the list that
>         describes the RDF Schema issues that he wants to discuss
>         at the f2f meeting
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Jul/0438.html
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-01#1 Mike Dean Provide public URL to his presentation
> 
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0037.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/att-0051/01-RDF_Model_Theory_postF2F.html
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#5 Sergey Melnick Send copy of document projected
> at meeting to the mailing list
> 
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/sergey.txt
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#6 Brian McBride Approach Jeremy Carrol to help
> with RDF/XML language definition.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#8 Dan Brickley Ensure that the document projected,
> as amended during the meeting goes on line.
> 
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/ericsdoc.txt
> 
> 2001-08-02#11 Graham Klyne Post message to list describing how CC/PP
> uses datatypes
> 
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0028.html
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#18 Jan Grant Propose an explanation of why a
> subproperty of a transitive property need not be transititive.
> 
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0031.html
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#20 Ron Daniel Post his list of agreed principles
> to the list.
> 
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0001.html
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#21 Brian McBride Propose structure of documents to
> be produced
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#24 Brian McBride Open rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf
> with Frank Manola as owner
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-27#3 - Brian - Update f2f page to point to Pat's
> model theory
> 
> The following action remains open as Pat does not consider it completed.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#4 Pat Hayes Re-write model theory as an
> interpretation of a graph rather than n-triple
> 
> CONFIRM FOLLOWING ACTIONS CLOSED
> 
> ACTION: 2001-06-22#5: DanBri: Get a draft of RDFSchema to the
> group.
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-20#1 - all WG members - send regrets to Eric Miller
> ASAP if you not be able to attend the meeting.
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-20#5 - Sergey - summarize the model theory
> references
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-27#4 - Pat - create table of pros/cons for model
> theory for f2f
> 
> These actions were confirmed closed.
> 
> REVIEW STATUS OF FOLLOWING ACTIONS (5 min)
> 
> ACTION: 2001-07-06#2 (danbri) - write test cases for the RDF schema
> issues that are impacted by literals-as-resources.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2000-07-20#10 - Bill - create xml:lang use cases
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-27#1 - EricM - For 2001-07-20 minutes re
> character-encoding issue, to write up his correction and  send to list
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-07-27#2 - Bill - For 2001-07-20 minutes, Bill to send
> mail clarifying his action to review M+S w.r.t. what it says
> about literals.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-01#2 Brickley - Get Model Theory Introduction Slides
> online
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-01#3 Pat Hayes Include example in model theory slides
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#7 Dave Beckett With help from Art and Jan,
> investigate how to represent RDF/XML grammar and the specification of the
> transformation of RDF/XML to a graph representation.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#10 Jan Grant Write up a fix/workaround for folks
> using the currently defined semantics for domain and range constraints.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#12 Jan Grant Post message to list about how EASEL
> uses datatypes
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#13 Pat Hayes Post message explaining why having
> the typing at the top of the hierarchy in RDFS is not a set
> theoretical hole.
> 
> DONE
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#14 Ora Lassila Talk to Ian and Frank and get
> background on why they require cycles in rdfs:subClassOf
> relationship.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Pat Hayes Discuss cycles in rdfs:subClassOf and
> rdfs:subPropertyOf with DAML folks and report back to us.
> 
> CONTINUED - Plan to discuss at next DAML telecon
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Sergey Melnik Discuss reification alterantives
> with Pat Hayes.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#22 Hyung-Jin Kwon Make his presentation available
> on the web and  circulate URL to the list.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#33 Dan Brickley Form task force with Graham Klyne,
> Martyn Horner and Jan Grant to investigate the DAML+OIL approach
> to XML datatypes.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-02#23 Brian McBride Update schedule to aim for
> WWW2002 announcement.
> 
> CONTINUED
> 
> All of the following actions, described in
> 
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20010801-f2f/#actions
> 
> to the RDF Schema working draft were CONTINUED
> 
> 2001-08-02#9 2001-08-02#25 2001-08-02#26 2001-08-02#27 2001-08-02#28
> 2001-08-02#29 2001-08-02#30 2001-08-02#31 2001-08-02#32 2001-08-02#32
> 2001-08-02#17 2001-08-02#19
> 
> Discuss the strawman document structure: (15 mins)
> 
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0038.html
> 
> After discussion the following actions were assigned:
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#6 Dave Beckett Write strawman WD on Experimental RDF
> XML Syntax
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#7 Pat Hayes write strawman WD on model theory with
> reification and containers removed.
> 
> ACTION 2001-08-17#8 Art Barstow Write strawman WD on test cases (
> including n-triples).
> 
> Issue #rdfms-glossary  Martyn (10 mins)
> 
> Martyn has a submitted an initial document:
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/att-0064/01-RDFTerminologyConcepts.html
> 
> ACTION: Martyn to update this document and collect feedback.
> 
> Issue #rdfs-transitive-subSubProperty
> 
> Review Jan's message
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/0031.html
> 
> It was proposed that Jan's message resolves this issue and that the action
> should be closed.  However, no formal decision was recorded.
> 
> Issue #rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure (10 mins)
> 
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure
> 
> Jeremy volunteered to own this issue, but will now be on vacation for
> two weeks.
> 
> Model Theory (10 mins)
> 
> The latest model theory was discussed
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Aug/att-0051/01-RDF_Model_Theory_postF2F.html
> 
> Concern was raised that the assignment of terms of the RDF and RDFS namespaces
> causes confusion.
> 
> Next telecon - 10am Boston time, 27th August 2001.
> 
> AOB (5 mins)
> 
> CLOSE
Received on Friday, 24 August 2001 03:43:51 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:38:48 EDT