Re: First cut at Test Case Working Draft

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:01:01 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Art

I have wondered whether some test cases which are not either bad RDF or RDF
& N-triple may be useful.

A particular test is given two RDF/XML files simply to say if they are equal
or not.

This is useful for tests concerning things that somehow lie outside the
scope of n-triple, e.g. xml:lang, embedded RDF, xml literals.

As an example involving the first two, consider the following two files
contain the same RDF model.

*****file 1
<a xml:lang="it">
  <b xml:lang="en" />
  <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
    <rdf:Description rdf:value="io non sono italiano"/>
  </rdf:RDF>
</a>

*****file 2
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
    <rdf:Description xml:lang="it" rdf:value="io non sono italiano"/>
</rdf:RDF>

We would also need this if we resolve the XML base issue to have any support
at all for xml base. (Personally I find convincing the arguments for
supporting it at least within an embedding XML document; where the embedding
document supports XML base).

I am considering creating rdf:parseType = "Literal" test cases in this
fashion. I hope that, if I do, you would be open to supporting those.

Jeremy