Re: test case file names

From: Art Barstow <barstow@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:32:00 -0400
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
[Not sure what went wrong, but her'e a second attempt ...]

Sorry to pollute the list with a banal topic but while
thinking about what needs to be documented wrt the WG's
test cases in:

it seems like a consistent file naming convention would be

Anyhow, below are some related questions and comments.

1. Would the person(s) that created the following test cases:

please tell me if these are legitimate test cases or not?  That is,
were they created soley as a way to test writing on the W3C's site
or are they good tests?  If they are good tests then would whomever
created the test cases, please create a corresponding N-Triples file?

2. The most common practice is to name files that contain illegal RDF:

where <nnnn> is a sequence number and I believe the "nrdf" means
"not RDF".  Since the file naming convention should probably be
documented [for the public], I'm wondering if we want to stick
with this convention.  It seems kind'a redundant to name them both
error and nrdf and that simply error<nnnn>.rdf would be sufficient
to convey that the file is illegal RDF.

3. The following files:

do not follow the commonly used file naming convention of:

Although I don't recall any discussion of "the" file naming
convention, I think it would be good to be consistent thus
I would recommend that the following files be renamed to

Likewise, to be consistent with other error files the following

should be renamed to error0001.rdf or error000.nrdf depending
on what folks think about #2 above.

4. I like the way Aaron created an "Overview.html" file in:

Although I don't a README-type file should be required, it is a
nice touch.

BTW Aaron, can this file be obsoleted: