Where's the S? (was: Re: RDFS WD snapshot frozen: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/Schema/20010618/)

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:32:18 -0700
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>:
>Hi
>
>I've frozen a snapshot of the RDF Schema spec WD that I'm working on:
>
>	http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/Schema/20010618/
>
>I'll use a new URL for any future versions of the text.

OK, this (and Dan C's comments on the model theory) prompts a larger
question I have for everyone: how separate/separable are RDF and
RDFS? Should we regard them as essentially one integrated language,
or as two languages, one an extension of the other?  Or is RDFS just
one particular RDF vocabulary?

More particularly, why are rdf:Property and rdf:type defined in the
RDFS documentation? And why do Bag, Seq and Alt have an rdf: prefix
but Container has an rdfs: prefix?  Why is Literal prefixed with
rdfs: but Statement with rdf: ?

Pat Hayes

(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)