Re: RDFCore telecon agenda for 2001-08-17

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:05:53 -0700
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>ACTION 2001-08-02#4 Pat Hayes Re-write model theory as an interpretation
>of a graph rather than n-triple

This isnt QUITE completed yet, as noted. I should squeak in if I get
time tonight to work on it.  Also email feedback already suggests
some desireable changes which I will do before *next* week's telecon

>ACTION 2001-08-01#2 Brickley - Get Model Theory Introduction Slides online

If online means public, I would suggest NOT doing this as the MT has
now changed. If people think its useful, I could re-do the slides to
reflect the new model theory. Let me know if this is worth doing (it
wouldnt take long)

>ACTION 2001-08-01#3 Pat Hayes Include example in model theory slides

Done. I did that during the F2F .

>ACTION 2001-08-02#13 Pat Hayes Post message explaining why having
>the typing at the top of the hierarchy in RDFS is not a set
>theoretical hole.

There is a note on this topic in the new  model theory draft, but I
could rewrite it as a separate (short) document.

>ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Pat Hayes Discuss cycles in rdfs:subClassOf and
>rdfs:subPropertyOf with DAML folks and report back to us.

I raised this on the DAML telecon on Tuesday but there wasnt time to
get proper feedback. I should have much more detailed feedback by
next week. One quick comment: some DAML folk feel that making cycles
illegal would be OK only if there was some way to say that two
classes were equal.

>ACTION 2001-08-02#15 Sergey Melnik Discuss reification alterantives with Pat

Yes, we need to do that. Sergey, wanna have lunch some time soon?

(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)