Re: On F2F Decisions

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:05:39 -0400
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
On Thursday, August 16, 2001, at 07:25  AM, Brian McBride wrote:

> My reading of the situation is that the original issue raised by Jonas
> has been closed.  I suggest you propose some new text for the working
> draft to address the issue you raised.

I propose section 4.1.2. Versioning and URI references is removed.

> ** rdfs-constraining-containers
>
> You have closed this issue claiming:
>> other languages such as (DAML+OIL, WebOnt, prose) can express
>> those contraints (sic)
>
> I would request that the Working Group provide an example of how
> these constraints can be described in DAML+OIL. Otherwise I do
> not consider this issue closed.
>
> Are you dissenting from the decision to close this issue?  If so,
> on what grounds?

I dissent on the grounds that this resolution of the issue does
not actually resolve the issue. I do not consider the issue
resolved until you have an example of how to state these
constraints in RDF.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>