Re: New RDF model theory (well, damn nearly)

pat hayes wrote:

> Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>:
>
> >We had a Semantic Web Advanced development discussion
> >about the issue
> >  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-identity-anon-resources

> >But from Pat's presentation, it became clear that *any*
> >use of RDF that puts a document "on the pointy end of
> >an entailment arrow" motivates the distinction between
> >existentially quantified variables and genids.
>
> Right, I think that is the key point. The 'query' way of phrasing the
> discussion raises a lot of extraneous (in this context) issues.
>
> BTW, the new version of the MT makes the anon/uri node distinction
> somewhat sharper and (I think) clearer. It has existential
> quantification right in there. If we stick to the graph as the
> central model everything really is MUCH simpler. I think we should
> stop arguing about this now :-).

I scanned this new MT, and I agree: it resolves the basic
issues to my satisfaction (but then, for my money, the
pre-f2f MT was good too).

I've got some issues with the formalization/layering of RDFS;
they're perhaps stylistic. I'll elaborate in a separate message.