Re: [Fwd: rdfms-literals-as-resources]

Brian McBride wrote:

> I was unaware of a length restriction on URI's.  Is there one?

There are limitations in various implementations that deal
with URIs... e.g. most HTTP servers only accept a few
kilobytes in the request header line in order to prevent
denial-of-service attacks.

But there's no limit on URIs per se.

This was recently discussed in uri@w3.org... er... I thought
it was, but I can't find it out.

> Brian
>
> Devon Smith wrote:
> >
> > Let me first say that conceptually, i like the idea of literals being
> > resources, mostly because i think one should be allowed to make
> > assertions about literals. However, the data: scheme is an unacceptable
> > solution to the problem of how to assign a URI to a string of
> > characters. The length limit, recognized by the RFC,

What RFC?