Re: question: URIs with & character

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:22:51 -0500
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
CC: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Friday, August 3, 2001, at 02:20  PM, Ron Daniel wrote:
>
> > 1) Escape as &amp; and advise RDF applications or processors
> >    that they will need to unescape such things. (Preferably
> >    the RDF processor unescapes it before handing it off to
> >    the calling application, says the guy developing applications
> >    more than RDF parsers.)
>
> I really, really, hope that most RDF/XML parsers are built on
> top of XML parsers, in which case the &amp; is unescaped for
> free.

Quite.

> Parsers that do not do proper XML parsing should be taken
> out back and beaten. ;-)

Or perhaps more constructively: we should provide a relevant
test case so that developers can learn about such quirks
before release, and hapless users of such broken parsers
can have a handy test case to go with their bug report etc.

===== amp-in-url.rdf =====
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

    <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example/q?abc=1&#38;def=2">
        <rdf:value>xxx</rdf:value>
    </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

===== amp-in-url.nt =====
<http://example/q?abc=1&def=2>
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#value> "xxx" .

I checked these in under http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/test/
but I haven't chacled them, and that's probably not the best
place for them.

Art, what is the best place? Would you please copy this test
case there?