question: URIs with & character

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:20:13 -0700
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Just came across a case where I need to say something like:

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.com/archive.cgi?op=1&ID=1234">

Note the '&' character in the URI, which can't appear as
such in the RDF document. So, what do we do about '&' and '<'
characters appearing in the value of the rdf:about attribute?
(Hmmm - probably '>' as well to be safe)

Seems like we can:

1) Escape as &amp; and advise RDF applications or processors
   that they will need to unescape such things. (Preferably
   the RDF processor unescapes it before handing it off to
   the calling application, says the guy developing applications
   more than RDF parsers.)

2) Something else?

BTW - This might be a good thing to throw into the test
cases. Who can do that (or show me how to?)

Ron