[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: small samples

I think your examples are very useful, and I completely agree that
a concrete set needs to be put forward.  Presumably Ping and Dave put
out examples of their syntax that they thought were good given the constraints
imposed on them (by the web or their technology).  If they have a better
syntax, why not put that forward?

As you said, everything is mallaeable to some degree.  However, the vast
majority of users (> 99%?) will never change the base/standard.
This is why it is so important to get a good base language, and why
I think that the comparisions you are doing are useful.  The most
malleable of technologies will wither and die if the default face it
puts forward is poor.

	Neil