[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: more comments on HTML-Math proposal

> While reading the discussion between Bruce Smith and Ron Whitney, I
> have come to the conclusion that the plug-in solution will not
> work, because we need the possibility of anchor's within math,
> and math in text in math. I'd like to see what you all think
> about this, since this is what Dave proposed e.g. at the DLI
> Math meeting in Illinois.

I agree that today's plug-in api's are inadequate and am working
to get this fixed. You can however make anchors within plugins
work. The plugin is passed mouse events and can in turn call
back to the browser to display a URL. This is enough to allow
anchor's within math, and math in text in math, with the
burden placed on the plugin.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +1 (617) 258 5741 fax: +1 (617) 258 5999
   World Wide Web Consortium, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139
   url = http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett