[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Comments on parsing steps:

> Mathematica's parsing, which works in a manner similar to what Bruce
> describes, has no problem handling complex embellishments.

I can see value in allowing prefix and postfix operators to act as
operator embellishments, for instance to add accents to operators or
to change their relative size, or position.

If these embellishment prefix and postfix operators have a high
precedence and hence bind tightly to the adjacent operator then
I don't see any problems. Am I missing something?

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +1 (617) 258 5741 fax: +1 (617) 258 5999
   World Wide Web Consortium, 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139
   url = http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett