Re: Canonical XML revision

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:11:42 -0500
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
CC: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Just to speak for a different part of IBM...

I strongly agree with you and disagree with John.  I think it would be a
big mistake to change the current definition of C14N.  There are too
many ways for new and old software and to-be-signed data files to
interact that could end up with misleading errors, false negatives, or
excessive work.  And as mother always said, "two wrongs don't make a right."

	/r$

--
SOA Appliance Group
IBM Application Integration Middleware