Re: Simple question about canonicalization

Rich Salz escribió:

>You cannot just cut/paste your output into email, too many things will
>happen to it.  The safest is to attach it, perhaps do a ZIP or base64
>first.
>
>There are several free c14n routines around, including xmlsec, python-xml,
>apache java security suite, etc.  You might find it worthwhile to search,
>download, and install one of those packages to make comparisions.
>
>	/r$

Thanks for your replay. Your hint has been pretty helpful in other
fights I'm holding.
I've used smlsec on WindowsXP to obtain a correctly canonicalization of
<SignedInfo>. Anyway I'm still hitting the same wall.
Probably your 1st sentence is the clue. When I first read it, I said to
myself: Why not? I'm just using US ASCII7 characters. Papers say there
is a direct correspondence from ASCII7 to UTF-8 characters.
Could it be that the internal representation of the canonicalized
<SignedInfo> is not as simple as one byte per character although I  use
only ASCII characters?
In other words, what is the exact byte-stream I must use as input to the
SHA1 algorithm?

Thanks for your time,
Rafael Hernández