Simple question about canonicalization

From: Rafa <rafael.hernandez@ya.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:38:15 +0200
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Hello, I'm kind of new to XML-Signature.
I need to program a PLC to send XML message with an eveloped signautre.
This is a sample XML message:
<conf pr="hora"></conf>

Since I have to do all the work "by hand" (no libraries availabe) with
strings I pretend to produce an already canonicalized version of the
<SignedInfo> element.
 From reading of your documents I understand this is the canonicalized
version of it (ignore newlines, they are not in the string):
<Reference URI="">

I, then SHA1-digest this string and RSA-encrypt the obtained digestion.
All I have at hand to compare is the proper signature for that message,
generated by a friend. I positively know that the difference is in the
digest value. Therefore the problem is that I'm not canonicalizing
<SignedInfo> correctly.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Rafael Hernández