Re: Test Case with xml-dsig

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:05:31 -0500
To: Joseph Reagle <reagle@mit.edu>
Cc: Gabe Wachob <gwachob@wachob.com>, public-xml-id@w3.org, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
/ Joseph Reagle <reagle@mit.edu> was heard to say:
| problems with respect to versioning of XML. For example, is the
| canonicalization of xml:ID correct when used with the existing
| specifications?

Inclusive canonicalization seems to be just plain broken with respect
to xml:id.

| What happens to the info set?

I think the right thing happens in the infoset. Applications concerned
with digital signatures and security are probably going to want to
assert that either xml:id process is (or is not, but I hope they
choose 'is') performed as part of the encryption/signature process.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm