AW: [w3c-ietf-xmldsig] <none>

Hi,

this sounds like a problem with canonicalization.

I guess signature verification works if you take the assertion out of the
soap envelope, but it fails if you try to validate it inside the envelope,
right?

If you want to validate your signature without taking the saml assertion
out of the soap envelope you must change the signature canonicalization
algorithm (dsig:Signature/dsig:SignedInfo/dsig:CanonicalizationAlgorithm).

Regards, Gregor