From: Michael McIntosh [mailto:mikemci@us.ibm.com]
Sent: October 16, 2003 3:30 PM
To: Chugh, Sanjay
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org; w3c-ietf-xmldsig-request@w3.org
Subject: Re: What is the best way to handle the case where you would end
up with too many references in a digital signature?

	Is there no way for you to group them under a common parent
element?

	"Chugh, Sanjay" <schugh@filenet.com>
Sent by: w3c-ietf-xmldsig-request@w3.org

10/16/2003 05:22 PM

        To:        <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        What is the best way to handle the case where
you would end up with too many references in a digital signature?

	If I have an XML Document, where I need to sign say up to two
hundred different elements (different parts of a very complex form for
example),
	I think I will end up with up to 200 references, in the
SignedInfo or manifest, whereever we decide to put them.
	We did think about using an XPath expression, but that would get
too large and performance might be an issue I think.

	What is a good way to handle such a scenario?

	Thanks,

	-- Sanjay