From: Aleksey Sanin [mailto:aleksey@aleksey.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 9:57 AM
To: John Boyer
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org; KSBeattie@lbl.gov
Subject: Re: C14N: default namespace local name and sorting order

Hi, John!

Your explanation makes perfect sense and this is exactly how I
understood the
spec when I wrote the code. However, in both sections (sorry for 2.3 ->
3.2 confusion :) )
we are talking about "local name of the default namespace node" and this
might
confuse people. Thisis why I think that it would probably be a good idea
to put your
explanation in the eratra and clearly state that section 2.2 describes
local name
for default namespace node for sorting purposes and section 2.3 says how
to render
local name for default namespace node.

Aleksey Sanin
XML Security Library http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec