Re: SOAP Message Canonicalization

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:23:50 -0500
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
CC: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>, dee3@torque.pothole.com, w3c-xml-protocol-wg@w3.org, Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

> Would there be any value in specifying both a distinct transform and a
> canonicalization algorithm ? There would be very little extra work to do
> this (probably just defining a couple of extra URLs) and it might
> address the potential problems you describe below.

I'm not sure this would be a good thing, as it would pretty much require
vendors to implement both.  I prefer the URI, and suggesting including
XSLT as a non-normative appendix.  Advanced tricks like joseph mentioned
(lookahead for common XSLT transforms) can be ipmlemented by recognizing
  the transform uri.
	/r$