Re: C14N problems with IBM Websphere

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:08:39 -0400
To: Aleksey Sanin <aleksey@aleksey.com>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Cc: venky@arvasoft.com, TAMURA Kent <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 14:45, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> The Websphere output seems wrong to me because it changes the namespace
> for <in0> node. The spec
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#ProcessingModel
> is clear that xmlns=" should be rendered in <in0> in this case because
> there is a different default namespace declared in the parent of this
> node

Furthermore, this is like example/test-case #3:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#Example-SETags
where element e8 has a xmlns="" and is retained in the Canonical form.

The IBM alpha works implementation reported success [1], though I don't know
to what extent that relates to Websphere...?

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000OctDec/0095.html