Re: Updated Charters and Refactoring XML Signature and XML Encryption

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 15:00:42 +0100
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: XML Encryption <xml-encryption@w3.org>, XML Signature <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, Ross Thompson <ross@contivo.com>, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 00:27, Joseph Reagle wrote:

> Please note that the XDSIG and XENC charters were extended until December
> (and XENC's IPR mode now references the CPP) in order to finish moving the
> last specs from Proposed Recommendation to Recommendation. For the longer
> term, in various fora I've asked and encountered questions about
> refactoring XML Signature and Encryption in light of newer specifications
> which I've now tried to capture in the form of a FAQ [3]. Comments are
> welcome.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2002/06/xmlenc-charter
> [2] http://www.w3.org/Signature/charter-20020607
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2002/10/xsec-refactoring.html

Joseph,

A nice and useful document!

Considering that the need for such views and clarifications could be
extended to French speaking readers, we've published a translation on
XMLfr (respecting the usual rules for W3C translations and expressing
your point that this document is not official but personal thoughts):

http://xmlfr.org/w3c/2002/10/xsec-refactoring.html

Thanks!

Eric
--