RE: Last call announcement for XPointer

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@taxonomystrategies.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:50:29 -0600
To: <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>, <w3c-xml-linking-wg@w3.org>, "'XML Signature'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002 9:55 AM, Joseph Reagle wrote:

>> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 03:14 am, Ron Daniel wrote:
>> Yes, 'barename' is history.
>
>XML Signature specifications make a lot of use of this term. Is there
any
>specific motivation/reason it is being deprecated?

Sorry, I was not aware of that. We are retaining 'shorthand pointer'
as the normative term, but now define it using:

    A shorthand pointer, formerly known as a barename, consists of
    an NCName alone.

Please let us know as soon as possible if this is unsatisfactory, as
we are scheduled for a PR review this coming week.

Thanks,
Ron Daniel
Acting chair, XML Linking Working Group