Re: Comments for XML-Signature XPath Filter PR

On Friday 27 September 2002 03:45 am, Susan Lesch wrote:
> Belated congratulations on your XML-Signature XPath Filter 2.0
> Proposed Recommendation [1]. Here are just a few minor editorial
> comments.

Susan, thanks as always, all edits now reflected in
  http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-filter2/
  $Revision: 1.31 $ on $Date: 2002/10/18 19:02:50 $
except for the caveats below:

> In 3.2 and in 4, http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xmldsig-filter2 links to a
> copy of a Candidate Recommendation or is redirected to one. Why not use
> example.org per RFC 2606 and go nowhere?

This is actually a real link, our namespace. It just appears I forget to
update the apache redirect from the CR to the PR when I published it.

> In 3.3 and in 4, the function here() could be <code> everywhere.

(Tried that, doesn't look as good. <smile/>)

> In 4, this is really picky but I would break this into two sentences:
>     two ToBeSigned elements; these are
> becomes
>     two ToBeSigned elements. These are
> Same for
>     NotToBeSigned elements; these are
> and
>     ReallyToBeSigned element; this is

(I didn't write this, but I like the semicolons better. <smile/>)