RE: XAdES implementation?

From: Don Park <donpark@docuverse.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:00:05 -0700
To: "'fabio.dianda'" <fabio.dianda@iit.cnr.it>, <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

Fabio,

XML-DSIG is being used in Visa's 3D-Secure protocol.  In the 3D-Secure
protocol, credit/debit card issuers uses XML-DSIG to signs payment
requests sent by merchant.  Merchants verifies XML-DSIG signature from
issuers before normal credit/debit card payment processing.  Visa's
Verified-by-Visa program based on 3D-Secure protocol is being deployed
actively around the world and being used by millions of cardholders as
we speak.  As far as I know, XML-DSIG will be used in EVERY online
retail transaction within two years.  As to mobile, there is a mobile
version of the protocol but I am not sure exactly what its deployment
status is.

If this is not market acceptance, I don't know what is.

3D-Secure specs are at:

http://international.visa.com/fb/paytech/secure/main.jsp

Non-technical information and links are at:

http://www.verifiedbyvisa.com

Unofficial 3D-Secure mailing list (administered by me) is at: