Re: Should I organize a call on the XPath Filter?

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 19:58, John Boyer wrote:
> From a change standpoint, defining set intersection and subtraction is a
> relatively small change to the spec.  I think the optimizations will
> also be easy to define and not hard on the programmer because we
> basically only want to account for the current include/exclude cases.
> Given the optimizations, I would certainly agree that the set operations
> represent a preferable architecture.

I agree that this seems to be where the consensus is headed. I'm not aware
of any standing opposition to set operations though there is still some
confusion: Christian asking about what exactly Merlin is proposing [1], and
my confusion about multiple transforms operating on the *original*
document, not their preceding transforms output [2]. So before we have a
call or resort to a poll I'd recommend we gather our thoughts and first
reflect these changed in the document. Then we can further discuss as
needed.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2002JanMar/0240.html
[2]