RE: Question for implementors: XPath model and CDATA sections

i just read some of the XPath sections again. i cannot figure out how
the behavior of Xalan can be compliant with the XPath 1.0 recommendation
(i really do not care about any working draft for a future version).
maybe it is compliant with the mentioned working draft, but i guess it
is not compliant to XPath 1.0.
perhaps, it is very hard or not possible to be compliant with XPath 1.0,
if you are working with DOM as it comes out of a parser.
however, this situation is really unsatisfying for me.

regards

  Karl

--

Karl Scheibelhofer, <mailto:Karl.Scheibelhofer@iaik.at>
Institute for Applied Information Processing and Communications (IAIK)

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-DOM-Level-3-XPath-20020208/xpath.html#TextN
odes

You'll need to use the wholeText property, introduced in DOM Level 3
Core to retrieve the text. Or, in the meantime, look for the text
yourself.

Philippe