Re: PrefixList: whitespace or commas (Was: Notes on xml-exc-c14n rev 1.21)

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:17:55 +0000
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: "John Boyer" <JBoyer@PureEdge.com>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Looks good. #WithComments doesn't "preclude" serialization of XML
comments; it enables it or somesuch. And the sentence following
the subsequent example should no longer refer to "foo" or "bar".

Also, in the non-normative implementation method, is the second
condition of the 3.1 iff correct? It seems to me that a namespace
node should only be rendered if it does not appear in ns_rendered.

>On Friday 11 January 2002 17:23, merlin wrote:
>> I objected (and still object) to the algorithm specifying an encoding for
>> the namespaces parameter when logically it is just a set. I would rather
>> the encoding be placed down in section 4 (editor's draft) where the
>> algorithm URI and encoding when used with XLDSIG is described.
>Done. I believe I now understand your objection. There's no need to specify
>how your implementation passes this structure around within itself; what is
>important is that the syntax be specified which is now done in sectino 4
>"new revision: 1.31".
>> As for what encoding to use, I would advocate the encoding that XSLT
>> already uses, which is whitespace separated namespace prefixes with
>> #default to indicate the default namespace.
>This is done too.
>Joseph Reagle Jr.                 http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/
>W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:reagle@w3.org
>IETF/W3C XML-Signature Co-Chair   http://www.w3.org/Signature/