Re: exc c14n bugs

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 03:47 pm, merlin wrote:
> I'd like this to be the case. However, if we preclude the
> inherited c14n behaviour from emitting the xmlns="" at the
> 'wrong' point, it will not emit it at the 'right' point;
> for example:
>   <A xmlns="http://example.org/">
>     <b:B xmlns:b="http://example.org/b" xmlns="">
>       <C />
>     </b:B>
>   </A>

BTW: The exc-c14n result that my code generates for this is:

<A xmlns="http://example.org/">
  <b:B xmlns:b="http://example.org/b">
    <C xmlns=""></C>
  </b:B>
</A>

> It seems to me that we have no alternative but to override
> the c14n xmlns="" behaviour:

I was coming to the same conclusion...

> 4. If the token representing the default namespace is
>    not present in InclusiveNamespace.PrefixList, then the

$Revision: 1.69 $ http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xml-exc-c14n.html

Should have all of your changes integrated in except step 3.2 in the
implementation since I'm still thinking about that (your text is in
brackets.)