Re: [XPath Filter 2.0] Problem with Transform model

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:19:01 -0400
To: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 12:08 pm, merlin wrote:
> Just as it is an error to use here() in an XPath transform that is
> processing a different document from the signature document, it is
> an error to supply an empty node set to the XPath filter transform.
> I agree with Gregor; the transform should fail and processing of
> the reference should stop.

Ok.

http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-filter2/Overview.html
new revision: 1.8

3.3 Input and Evaluation Context of Signature Filter Transform

The input required by this transform is an XPath input node-set over the
input document. If the input document is an octet stream, then the
application MUST attempt to parse the octets yielding the required node-set
(including comment nodes) via [XML] well-formed processing. An empty XPath
input node-set is an error. The XPath evaluation context for the node-set
will be: