Re: here() context and comment nodes

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 15:45:39 +0100
To: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

here() returns a node set containing either the attribute
node, processing instruction or element holding the
expression; not the text node(s). So here() is { <XPath> }.

Merlin

r/geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de/2002.05.06/16:29:43
>Hi all,
>
>short question about this: Did anyone ever had problems with things like
>this:
>
><XPath xmlns="&xmldsig-xfilter2;">
>    here()<!-- comment -->/ds:Signature[1]
></XPath>
>
>I mean that the XPath is "polluted" with a comment which splits the String?
>I figured out that this probably crashes my implementation.
>
>Christian

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept for Content
Security threats, including computer viruses.
http://www.baltimore.com