RE: Erratum: XPaths in Canonical XML Recommendation

From: John Boyer <JBoyer@PureEdge.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:25:12 -0800
To: "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>

Hi Jenni,

Thanks for the note, but I don't understand why you claim that //. is
illegal.  From the XPath spec:

Expr -> ... -> LocationPath -> AbsoluteLocationPath ->
AbbreviatedAbsoluteLocationPath -> '//' RelativeLocationPath -> '//'
Step -> '//' AbbreviatedStep -> '//.'

Clearly it is legal according the BNF rules in the XPath specification.
Perhaps you have an implementation of XPath that contains an error?

Regards,
John Boyer