Re: XML Signature is "evil" ;-))

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 04:39:54 EST
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de writes:

> ever wanted to know why XML Signature is an evil technology authored by
> Microsoft to "rule the world of authorization"?
>
> Sorry, just kidding, but anyhow, consider a look at this funny article:
>
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/s-digsig.html

Hm. :(

When I see an article that refers to "Draft Standard" (capitalised) stage for
a W3C specification, I have to ask if the author understands W3C process.

When I see an article which recommends, as the first resource to be read, XML
Schema Part I REC .... I have to doubt the author's sanity. :) ... If you
have ever tried to read XML Schema Part I REC you will probably know what I
mean. It certainly isn't an easy read even if you want to understand W3C XML
Schema. But as first thing to read about XML Signature ... <
ShakesHeadInAmazement/>

Andrew Watt