Re: My latest try on Exclusive XML Canonicalization

[ Resulting:
 http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xml-exc-c14n
 $Revision: 1.10 $ on $Date:  2001/11/13 21:40:00 $ GMT by $Author: reagle $

I'm working on this for publication and last call ASAP.
]

On Monday 29 October 2001 19:35, John Boyer wrote:
> I believe the XPath expressions in the examples need to have namespace
> qualifiers on them, e.g. ancestor-or-self::n1:elem1 rather than just
> ancestor-or-self::elem1

Ok, add to the XPATH examples in 2.1 2.2 .

 (//. | //@* | //namespace::*)[ancestor-or-self::n1:elem1]
 (//. | //@* | //namespace::*)[ancestor-or-self::n1:elem2]

> Also, in a transform the namespace would have to be defined so that the
> expression would evaluation correctly.

Such as?

<Transform Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116">
  <XPath xmlns:n1="http://b.example">
   (//. | //@* | //namespace::*)[ancestor-or-self::n1:elem1]
  </XPath>
</Transform>

Is it worthwile to add these instead of the bare XPath expressions?

> Thirdly, the parameter name InclusiveNamespacePrefix seems odd because
> it is in singular form yet clearly it communicates a list.  How about
> <InclusiveNamespaces List="foo bar"/>

That loses the prefix bit, which is useful. How about:
 <InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList="foo bar"/>

> Finally, looks like the reference to XML DSig in the ref list needs
> work.

Fixed.