Re: New XML Signature implementation and Update for Inter-Op

From: Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:29:27 +0200
To: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Cc: merlin@baltimore.ie
Hi all,
hi Merlin,

I have to attach the sample, again. The former one did not verify cause I
tried to re-create a very sophisticated Reference from Merlin, and my
implementation is not able to create something like this.

Merlin, the Reference:

        <Reference Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#Object" URI="">
              <XPath xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
                count(ancestor-or-self::dsig:Reference |
                      here()/ancestor::dsig:Reference[1]) &gt;
                count(ancestor-or-self::node() |
                      id('notaries')) =
          <DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"

was really horrible. I could not generate something like this... Do you see
a case where something like this is needed? I can verify it, but I can't
create that from scratch, because the References are filled with
DigestValues sequentially. Did you create that Reference at last and then
insert it in the middle of your SignedInfo? Wow - geek stuff ;-))

Best regards,