Re: Use of namespace prefix in XML-Signature

Hi Don,

I think that the problem with the software is implementation specific. The
Signature spec allows you to create Signatures without prefix. In my
opinion, it's a philosophical question whether you want to use prefixes or
not or whether the prefix should be "ds" or "dsig" or "digsig" or "foo"...

The XML Signature spec let you choose.

Christian

PS: My library does, too. Simply say:

org.apache.xml.security.util.Constants.setSignatureSpecNSprefix("");

before you use the library and everything should be fine... Signatures
without prefix (But now you should take care if you include ds:Objects with
element content outside Signature space to make something like:::

<Object>
<Context xmlns="" />
</Object>

because with prefix, this was not a problem:

<ds:Object>
<Context />
</ds:Object>

PPS: If you need infos about the library, simply subscribe to

security-dev-subscribe@xml.apache.org

--On Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2001 04:33 -0700 Don Park