Canonical Standards and XMLDsig

From: O'Leary, Don <Don.O'Leary@commerceone.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:38:42 -0700
To: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Hi guys

I am researching the implementation of XMLDsig with XSDL (XML Schema)
documents.  My question is the following.

In order to implement XMLDsig, I need to first convert the document into
it's canonical form. I know there is a canonical XML standard
on http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-c14n , but is this for DTD instances only?  Is
there any Canonical XML standard being developed for XSDL
instances, or can you use the same standard ?

Any help on the above question would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Don O'Leary