Re: Base64 -- do we really want/need line breaks every 76 characters?

Hi John,

From:  "John Boyer" <JBoyer@PureEdge.com>
Date:  Wed, 23 May 2001 09:02:56 -0700

>Hi Donald,
>
>C14N doesn't remove new lines inside content.

I said it removes new lines inside tags.  Tags, not content. Some
formaters insert a new line before the closing greater than of end
tags (or maybe also start tags though I don't think I've seen that)
and I suggested that for C14N. But the WG didn't go for it and so
multi-line XML which is multi-line due to new lines inside start
and/or end tags in scrunched into a single, possibly immensely long,
line by C14N.

Donald