Re: signature portability / C14N / inherited namespaces

From: "merlin" <merlin@baltimore.ie>

> Hi Rob,
> In this case yes, but namespace-qualified attributes cannot use
> the default namespace qualifier:
>
> <x:Foo x:bar="XXX" xmlns:x=...> <!-- the bar attribute has a namespace
URI -->
> <Foo bar="XXX" xmlns=...> <!-- the bar attribute has no namespace URI -->
>
> So it is unfortunately not a general solution.

True.

One last try at a workable solution whilst adhering to the c14n
specification:- re-use the same namespace prefix from the SOAP header.

<ns:Envelope xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
 <ns:Body>
  <Contract xmlns="&foo;">
   <ns:Signature xmlns:ns="&dsig;">...</ns:Signature>
  </Contract>
 </ns:Body>
</ns:Envelope>

I think the namespace prefix should ideally be a descriptive name which
makes this solution less than elegant.  But perhaps it satisfies your
current requirement?

Regards
Rob Lugt