Re: KeyName white space

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 22:18:11 +0100
To: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org

Agreed. DNames already have this property (from RFC 2253 I think),
and I believe so do base-64 coded data as well as integers, so
this would unify pretty much all of our text handling.

>Some questions have arisen about in the XML Encryption activity the
>handling of white space in the content of the KeyName element. There
>was substantial feeling there that leading and trailing whitespace
>should be stripped from KeyName content.  I think this would be an
>improvement but since it is in the XMLDSIG namespace, this list is
>the right place for discussion.  What do others think?
> Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      dee3@torque.pothole.com
> 155 Beaver Street                                +1 508-634-2066(h)
> Milford, MA 01757 USA                            +1 508-261-5434(w)

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.