From: merlin [mailto:merlin@baltimore.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:26 AM
To: Gregor Karlinger
Cc: Joseph M. Reagle Jr.; Ed Simon; w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Subject: Re: AW: Schema definition for <Transform>

I'm with Gregor. I think that the text should be something along
the lines of:

The normative specification for XSL Transformations is [XSLT].
The XSL transformation is encoded within a namespace-qualified
<code>stylesheet</code> element which MUST be the sole transform
parameter child element.

I.e:

<Transform xmlns="&dsig;" Algorithm="&xslt;">
  <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="&xslt;" ...>
  </xsl:stylesheet>
</Transform>

Next paragraph, typo "covert" -> "convert".

Next paragraph, typo "to perform canonicalize" -> "to c10e".

Merlin

r/gregor.karlinger@iaik.at/2001.04.10/10:35:58

http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html#sec-XSLT
>> The normative specification for XSL Transformations is [XSLT].
>> The XSL style
>> sheet or transform to be evaluated appears as the character content
of a
>> transform parameter child element named XSLT.
>
>What does "character content" mean? Should the XSL stylesheet markup be
>encoded in some fashion in order that it can be inserted as text?
Otherwise
>appearance as character content of a "XSLT" Element is invalid.
>
>What is the namespace for the "XSLT" element?
>
>> The root element of a XSLT
>> style sheet within a Transform element should SHOULD be a namespace
>> qualified <stylesheet> element.
>
>Liebe Gruesse/Regards,
>DI Gregor Karlinger
>mailto:gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
>http://www.iaik.at
>Phone +43 316 873 5541
>Institute for Applied Information Processing and Communications
>Austria

-----
Baltimore Technologies plc will not be liable for direct,  special,
indirect
or consequential  damages  arising  from  alteration of  the contents of
this

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com