Re: Schema definition for <Transform>

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:05:46 -0400
To: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>, merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>, Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: "'w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org'" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
At 16:22 4/5/2001 -0400, Ed Simon wrote:
>I note that the XML Signature spec only says the content of the <XSLT>
>stylesheet element
>"SHOULD" contain an <xsl:stylesheet> element (I feel "MUST" is the right
>word) .  I think
>allowing vestigial styles sheets is asking for trouble because who knows
>how they will be
>processed.  But given  what the spec says (and I forget the arguments for
>it), we can go ahead with dropping the <XSLT> element.

Ok, the actual element type in the dsig namespace has now been removed from
the spec, dtd, and xsd, though the text still reads:

http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xmldsig-core/Overview.html#sec-XSLT
The normative specification for XSL Transformations is [XSLT]. The XSL style
sheet or transform to be evaluated appears as the character content of a
transform parameter child element named XSLT. The root element of a XSLT
style sheet within a Transform element should SHOULD be a namespace
qualified <stylesheet> element.

__